These Cinnamon Roll Cookies are a perfect combination of a cinnamon roll, and a cookie. It’s a match made in heaven! The cookie is super soft, and melts in your mouth.
The cinnamon sugar mixture in the middle pairs perfectly with the not as sweet cookie, and not to mention the browned butter frosting. If you have never tried anything browned butter, you are missing out!
This frosting gives it the perfect nutty and toasty flavor! It taste similar to toffee! Give these a go! They are pretty simple, and super delicious!
3 cups All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Brown Butter Frosting
1 stick butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 -2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix all wet ingredients and then combine the wet and dry ingredients together. Once the dough is made, refrigerate the dough for 2-3 hours.
- After a couple hours, split dough into 3 equal parts and roll each part into a 13×7 rectangle. Make sure to roll it until it is 1/8 inch thick.
- Make your brown butter by melting butter in a pan until it is amber in color and has a caramel/nutty smell.
- Once the butter is cooled down, spread it onto the dough, and then cover it with 1/4 cup of the sugar/brown sugar mixture. Then roll the log starting with the longest side near you.
- Once you roll it, place it back in the fridge for 1 hr to harden, so that it is easier to cut.
- Make the brown butter frosting by making more brown butter and allowing it to solidify. Once it is somewhat solid, add the cream cheese and beat until is is fluffy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Cut the refrigerated cookie dough into 1/2 inch thick pieces and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Do not overbake or they will become hard. You want them pale, so that they are soft, and have the texture of a cinnamon roll and cookie.
- Once they cool down, drizzle the frosting over, and it’s done!
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe! Give it a try! I am sure you will love it! Its really simple, a perfect dessert for kids to help out, and it taste absolutely amazing! Your friends and family will keep asking for more!