Who is ready for one of the most popular macaron flavors? Matcha green tea is an awesome flavor that is used in many desserts and drinks! The vibrant green color, and natural sweet taste works perfectly in a macaron.
The matcha macaron shell paired with the thick and decadent matcha white chocolate ganache is a match made in heaven! It’s so delicious, and it is the perfect flavor to make for any occasion of the year! This is another favorite of mine! Be sure to use a high quality white chocolate, to get the best tasting white chocolate ganache.
Green Tea Macaron:
3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tbsp Matcha Powder
2 egg whites
4 Tbsp Sugar
2 Bars Ghiradelli White Chocolate
4 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Matcha Powder
- For the macarons, sift the dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat your egg whites on high. Slowly add the sugar until it is fully incorporated.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Once there is stiff peaks, fold the egg whites with the dry ingredients until it becomes a thick batter.
- Pipe the macarons on a pan covered with parchment paper. Let the macarons rest for 20 mins until they are not longer sticky to the touch.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. When putting the macarons in, lower the oven to 300 degrees. Put the macarons in on the top or bottom rack and cook for 8 minutes. Turn the pan and cook for another 8 minutes.
- To make the ganache, chop up the white chocolate.
- In a liquid measuring cup, add your heavy cream and matcha powder and whisk well. Microwave it for 1 minute, and then pour it on top of the white chocolate. Allow it to sit for 3-4 minutes before mixing to let the chocolate melt.
- Mix the ganache well, and then pop in into the refrigerator to harden.
- To assemble, match up two macarons, pipe the ganache leaving a little space around the edges. Sandwich them together until the ganache reaches the outside edges.