Looking for a delicious Christmas dessert that doesn’t require too much work? This recipe is simple, but delicious, and is sure to win over every person that places it into their mouth. I made these for my family, and they all said it was to die for. They were even fighting for the last one! It is that delicious! The caramelized pecan cookie dipped in milk chocolate calls for a light, but scrumptious dessert.
When placing cookies on a pan, I like to cover the pan with parchment paper, or even a silpat. When I am lazy (almost always), I use parchment paper, so that I don’t have to wash the silpat! Placing the cookies on the pan is also a bit hard because it is more of a wet batter. I started off using a small cookie scoop, but then went on using a pastry bag with a big hole, which worked perfectly.
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
2 Cups Brown Sugar
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 Cup Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Cups Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla and continue mixing.
- Beat in the flour, baking powder and salt until it is well combined.
- Fold in the chopped pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- Allow it to cool, and then dip half of the cookie into the tempered chocolate. You can learn how to temper chocolate here.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles when the chocolate is wet, and then allow it to dry on parchment paper.