Looking for a fancy cake to make for a loved ones birthday? Are they in love with Nutella? If you answered yes to both of these questions, you are in the right place! This hazelnut pocky cake is a chocolate lovers dream because of the super moist chocolate cake layered with rich hazelnut buttercream. Not to mention the chocolate pocky sticks that are fenced around, and the gold chocolate decoration on top! Its a chocolate wonderland!
Chocolate Cake & Hazelnut Buttercream (I used the cake and frosting from a previous video) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUcR…
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream
3 Packets Pocky Sticks
Chocolate & Gold Edible Spray (Decoration)
- Prepare two 8 inch cakes and your hazelnut frosting. The cake and frosting i used were from my Nutella cupcake videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNUcR…
- For my filling, I whipped up 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, and then added some of my Nutella frosting to it, so that the filling wouldn’t be so dense.
- Using a knife or a cake leveler, cut your cake into 4 layers.
- Place a dollop of frosting on an 8 inch cake board, and place your first layer. Add a frosting boarder, so that the whipped cream filling doesn’t leak out. Drizzle some Nutella on top, and then place your next layer of cake on top. Continue to do these steps for all your layers. Make sure your top layer is the layer of cake with the cleanest edges.
- Once your layers are done, make a crumb coat on the cake with your Hazelnut frosting, and then put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Once it comes out, do one more layer of frosting. This does not have to be perfect because of the pocky sticks that will go around it.
- If you want to be really fancy, take some tempered chocolate, and pipe swirls onto parchment paper. Allow it to dry, and spray it with gold edible spray.
- Place it on your cake, and cut it to be the exact size of your cake.
- Then start placing your pocky sticks all in the same direction around the cake. Make sure its close enough that you don’t see any frosting.
- This step is optional, but to make the cake look even better, wrap the cake with any color ribbon, and tie a bow!
This cake looks and tastes amazing! Your loved ones will be in awe, thinking that you bought the cake instead of made it! I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Its one of my favorites!