These fragrant macarons are my most favorite flavor! The lavender cookie paired with the honey buttercream is a match made in heaven. I made these for a family friend, and they told me that they were fighting over them. They are that delicious!
Lavender and honey pair perfectly together. The fragrant flower, and the sweet honey balance each other perfectly. This video is special, because it featured a part of my Hawaii vacation, where I visited the lavender farm in Maui. The lavender I used in the video was food grade lavender from this farm, but you can find a similar version here: https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Lavender
1 tbsp Lavender + Extra for garnish
1 Cup + 1 tbsp Powdered Sugar (For the macarons & Lavender)
3/4 Cup Almond Flour/Meal
2 egg whites
4 tbsp Sugar
Purple Food Coloring
1/2 Cup Butter
4 tbsp Honey
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cup powdered sugar
- To make the cookies, blend the lavender and powdered sugar together until it becomes a fine powder.
- Sift the powdered sugar, and almond flour along with the lavender powdered sugar. Mix it together.
- In a stand mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Stream in the granulated sugar. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form, and then add in the purple food coloring. I didn’t add too much coloring, because I wanted a light natural color.
- Mix the egg whites with the powdered sugar/almond flour mixture.
- Pipe it on a pan with parchment paper, and sprinkle with lavender. Let it form a crust for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 320 degrees. Before putting the pan in the oven, reduce the heat to 300 degrees.
- Place your pan on the top or bottom rack. Bake for 8 min, turn your pan, and bake for another 8 minutes.
- For the frosting, beat the butter, and then add the honey. Add in the vanilla bean paste, and beat the powdered sugar until combined.