These Pumpkin Bat Cupcakes are not only really cute, but they also taste amazing because of the moist pumpkin cupcake and decadent browned butter cream cheese frosting! This combination is to die for! They are the most perfect treat for a Halloween party, especially with the adorable bat themed cupcake wrappers! You can download the wrappers here: http://chcotta.ge/bl0046
I was so thrilled when I found out that I was doing a collaboration with the ladies from Country Hill Cottage! They made Bad Bats Biscuits, and the cute cupcake wrappers above! Watch their video: Bad Bat Biscuits
Connect with Country Hill Cottage on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
If you have never tried browned butter desserts, you need to try it now. When the butter is browned, it gives of a nice caramel toffee taste. Its soooo good! This is probably my most favorite fall dessert/Halloween dessert. I also used vanilla bean paste instead of vanilla extract in the frosting, because it adds a whole new level of richness to the frosting!
2 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup oil
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
Browned Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
2 sticks Butter
1 8 oz package cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
2 cups powdered sugar
Black food coloring
Black Candy Melts
- To make the cupcakes, combine all the dry ingredients together in a bowl, and set it aside.
- In another bowl, beat the softened butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add in the oil and beat until it is just combined. Add in your eggs one at a time, and make sure it is fully incorporated. Finally, mix in your pumpkin puree.
- Add your dry ingredients in two intervals to your wet ingredients, and mix everything well.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes.
- For the frosting, brown the butter until it is amber in color, and smells like toffee. Refrigerate the butter until it hardens.
- Beat the cream cheese and hardened butter. Add vanilla bean paste, and continue to beat it. Add two cups of powdered sugar and mix it until it becomes a nice fluffy frosting. Dye your frosting to the desired shade.
- Using black candy melts, pipe wings on parchment paper, and allow it to dry.
- To assemble, pipe your frosting on the cupcake, add the eyes and the wings! You can even add the cupcake wrappers created by Country Hill Cottage.